Hosteria Grappolo d’Oro
Great customer service and high quality products are the key ingredients to this award winning Slow Food restaurant.
1. How long have you been working at Hosteria Grapppolo d’Oro?
2. What do you love about your job?
I love the work that goes into making people feel good and have a nice experience. To give a moment of happiness to our customers.
3. A funny incident that happened at the restaurant?
This Christmas there was a reservation written in french “pour deux” (for two) but was actually supposed to be “pour douze” (for twelve). In was my worst nightmare on such an important evening with the restaurant completely booked. We ended up borrowing a table and chairs from another resturant next door and with a little bit of tetris we mamanged to seat everyone.
4. What advice would you give to someone visiting Rome?
Do research on restaurants beforehand, there are too many tourist traps in the city center. I have noticed in other major cities around the world that it is evident the places where you eat well and not so good. Rome is a bit tricky so it is important to be informed about where to eat.
5. What was your favorite food as a child?
My mother’s lasagna
6. Favorite Roman dish?
Rigatoni with oxtail tomato sauce (Sugo di coda alla vaccinara)
7. Favorite dish at Hosteria Grappolo d’Oro?